Spay / Neuter Assistance
Many animal lovers are aware of the pet overpopulation problem, which causes large numbers of puppies, kittens, cats, and dogs to be euthanized or starve on the streets. Forsyth Humane Society collaborates with other organizations to provide as many low-cost spay/neuter opportunities to humanely decrease this overpopulation.
Did You Know
- A pair of cats and their descendants could produce 20,736 cats in just 4 years.
- A pair of dogs and their descendants could produce 67,000 dogs in just 6 years.
If You Need Spay/Neuter Assistance
FHS provides coordination and implementation of the Olivia and Edwina Morykwas Spay/Neuter Fund and the Sturmer Spay/Neuter program. FHS is also part of the Spay Day Coalition. These programs provide financial assistance to any low income person (as defined by HUD) in Forsyth County for their dog or cat’s spay/neuter surgery.
- 9/12 – Spay Day Coalition at Forsyth County Animal Control with low cost rabies clinic from 9-11am
- 9/19 – Humane Solutions at Washington Dog Park from 11-1pm – low cost rabies, microchip, nail trim clinic
- 10/7 – Spay Day Coalition at Forsyth County Animal Control with low cost rabies clinic 5:30-7:30pm
- 10/17 – Humane Solutions at Ziggy’s from 11-1pm – includes low cost rabies, microchip, nail trim clinic
- 10/24 – Spay Day Coalition at Forsyth County Animal Control with low cost rabies clinic from 9-11am
If you or someone you know is a Forsyth County resident and wants more information please call (336) 721-1303 ext.105.
Additional Resources (click on the icon for more information)
For pet owners in true financial need. Providing services to those who cannot otherwise afford spay/neuter services.
Please contact SpayNC Helpline to locate reduced-cost pet spay/neuter resources in your area of North Carolina.